With the Holiday season steadily approaching, we think it’s safe to say we’re not only counting the days but the calories leading up to Thanksgiving. But how do we enjoy the delicious foods, beverages, and sweets without overindulging?
1. Be active and get outside. 45 minutes of any kind of exercise a day (walk, run, bike, swim) will improve metabolism and spirit. Offset the calories you’re eating with the ones you’ll be burning!
2. If you’re a coffee drinker, try switching to green tea for a few days each week. Why? Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. One’s daily coffee intake can rev the body’s metabolism to 5 or 8%, but a cup of brewed green tea can raise your metabolism by 12%.
3. Stay hydrated! Water has zero calories so carry a reusable water bottle of any kind to protect our environment from plastic. Solving those mid day headaches one swell bottle at a time.
4. Cut calories and still eat what you want…in moderation of course. Instead of skipping that extra scoop of mashed potatoes or slice of pie, replace your beer with something lighter like Cliffton Dry. With just 90-120 calories in each bottle, you’ll be able to indulge in more filling options.
5. Buy in bulk – not only does this reduce packaging that ends up in landfills, but it helps you maintain your healthy habits and plan your meals. Plan ahead with a case of Cliffton Dry from our online store. 24 bottles to share with friends indulging guilt-free everyday. Saving you calories and your wallet.